DONOR BILL OF RIGHTS
The Road Home is proudly ranked as a Four Star Charity by Charity Navigator for our organization’s transparency and efficiency.
A Four Star Charity Navigator rating assures you of the responsible way in which your contributions will be put to work helping the people we serve.
The Road Home is committed to ensuring that each donation we receive is leveraged to do the most good possible for the people we help each day.
Philanthropy is based on a voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure this giving attitude merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
BILL OF RIGHTS
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about your donation is handled with respect and confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees, or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share. To read our full privacy notice please click here.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
Developed by: Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP), Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), The Giving Institute (GI). Adpoted in 1993, Copyright AFP, AHP, CASE, Giving Institute 2015, All Rights Reserved.
In reviewing each right in this Donor’s Bill of Rights, a donor may obtain information by contacting Kat Kahn, Development Director of The Road Home.
Our administrative office is charged with the responsibility of providing all information requested by a donor as raised in this Donor Bill of Rights.